Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hand Quilting

I had just added a button on my sidebar of hand quilting celebration. If you click on it you will come to a page where others are showing their hand quilting. I had hand quilted these little mini`s and thought I would bring them back to show you.


they both had gone into auction and I forget to get a finish of the stocking one
If you want a closer look you can always click on teh pictures.
We do need to have a revival on hand quilting. Quilt shows are wonderful with machine quilting but it would be nice if you got half and half.

I have some pictures that I will be posting later. Having some computer issues with getting my adobe to work and Active X (whatever they are) but will post soon.

Don`t forget those in the Ontario area that there is a quilt show coming up soon just Google York Heritage Quilt Guild and you will get all the information you need to get to the show. I know that you will love it

Well I have to get back to my SSS`s the dates are getting close and I need to finish them up.

Loving the rain...loving the fall colors soon we will have a winter wonderland. I have been in the mood for soup and I have been making everykind of lentil soup there is. Great for freezing and bringing to work for lunch.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, how pretty! Thanks for sharing with your fellow hand quilters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely hand quilting........time sure is getting close for the SSCS........

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK! I have promised myself that sometime before the week is out, I will sit down and figure out how to get involved in this. Hand piecing, hand quilting, yes ... coomputer skills, nil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about hand quilting, if only others could know the therapeutic value of hand quilting. I would give up owning a hundred machine quilted quilts for just one hand quilted quilt. There is such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red and white, Deb. Handquilting is not my thing. Its something I would never be good at. I've tried!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb great little quilts and your hand quilting is very nice. I fumble along with mine but I am getting better at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree - I hand quilt only! Once upon a time, long long ago, I worked for a company that manufactured comforters. The layers were put on a frame and a computer generated the quilting, much like people do today. I just can't get that excited about it. I know 'Finished is better than perfect' but I LOVE the process and the look of hand quilting. I may not make as many quilts, but I really, really enjoy the quilts I do make! (Okay, getting down from the soapbox now.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to hand quilt all my quilts. There just isn't time to hand quilt all of them that I make. I like the look though.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...