Thursday, May 12, 2022

When you need to make a decision

 

Well I finished the little rose quilt, binding on and then washed and dried. To my dismay the reds ran. I don't have the catchers or what ever it is that people use to fix the problem so I had to ad-lib a little. I heard through following a primitive post on facebook to coffee dye quilts. So  that was my next choice. How can I go wrong? it was already damaged. 

As you can see this was investigated by the kitty patrol as well, she wondered why these marks were on the quilt and wondered what was I about to do? 





as you can see that did the trick I see no red but I do see the quilting and a little bit of colouring from the coffee. I hope you can see it if you click on the picture to get a closer look 

adventures are wonderful when you gain from them 


I am still working on the Peace and Harmony blocks by Piecing the Past Quilts and am using my fabrics to piece together the blocks I laid the blocks out that have been completed and posted them on the Facebook group and so happy there are quilters that see the small things top left hand block there is a piecing error that I have to fix! Quilters are so helpful. 



This block on the right is one of my favourites and the top one 2 the instructions are just so perfect you almost don't need to pin to sew together.


Well I hope you are getting some time in. I am using the cool mornings for gardening I am cleaning up almost 2 1/2 years of neglect and then I come in and do some stitching. The joy of all this is that I can do all my chores with a relaxing and enjoyable pace. 

3 comments:

  1. Love that little quilt and your solution is perfect to solve your bleed-out problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great rescue. It looks fantastic. And what a lovely WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when fabric runs.........after all the hard work......its a pretty quilt......... the blocks you are making are lovely.........

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...