Sunday, April 2, 2023

Celebrating finishes

My Big stitch quilt is finished binding and all and I have slept under it, peacfully
I love how it turned out and will use this method again! 
Showing the binding due to using a colour I never thought of using this is called "sweet potatoe" its amazing how the orange goes so well with the red.
This is a quilt I started in the summer on the pretence of  swapping it with someone but things had changed and I decided to finish it and keep it myself
I wanted it to look more amish because that was what the person hinted at liking when chatting so I found basket blocks in the 501 quilt blocks book and designed this quilt, it's really more the quilting then anything
This was the themed backing I had used for the quilt 
I started on the star quilt I have a deadline now I want it done for the RVQG 2024 quilt show so I will continue and have enjoyed getting back to it. I love how the back looks as well 
I am freehanding the design on the star diamonds so they are not perfect but I am okay with that it looks more home made, it is a big one a King I want to display it on the staircase when done. 
One last photo to show that Ontario is trying to show its spring days Ted is out on the porch with his blanket taking in the sunshine. This boy suffered a stroke Thanksgiving (Oct) and is doing okay. He has a wonky walk but now I bring a carriage when we walk so that he can ge some rest, he is in his 13th year still has pep! 
Well I hope you are able to get some finishes soon would love to visit and give you a Bravo! 
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful hand quilting! I can just see you and all the fur babies sleeping with that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful quilting. Our doggies always find the best places to sleep, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...