Sunday, April 24, 2022

Rewind or redo

this quilt was a mystery that was published by Jemimas Creative Quilting

This was an ongoing Mystery for 2020-2021 there is another started that I am working on now 


I finished it on Wednesday, or so I thought! I didn't like that I cut off the birds on the long borders but I was making due with what I had left of the fabric.
I started cleaning up and found more of the same fabric. Okay lets measure to see if I have enough to fussy cut. I did! 



Here is a close up of some of the fabrics I used. It was scraps of fabrics that I had left of other projects so if I didn't have enough the challenge was to use something else. 

You can see below that I ripped the 2 long sides off and rejoined the 2 sides with the fussy cutting where I was able to have the birds in full flight!

I also found a fabric sitting on top of a pile and thought it was the perfect finish. I measured and sure enough I had JUST enough to make mitred borders.

I am pretty happy and hope to quilt this in the winter to come. 

I just get so lucky sometimes when finishing with my borders, even though rethinking undoing and recreating can be part of the process I still feel lucky! 
I hope you have a lucky day too

 

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes we can get away with the little things and sometimes they shout and yell to us, glaring and demanding to be fixed. Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet, sweet! This mystery turned out very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...