Sunday, December 11, 2022

this and that

I think I mentioned I am able to see my couch in the Quilting Room since I have spent so much time organising and shelving so now I can dress it up a little I made these pillow cases long ago with the quilt. 

The quilt on the couch came from a block swap I participated in when Connecting threads used to have  online groups but it has discontinued it was call quilt with us, too bad there were many groups and many different topics that were so much fun, again the idea of putting the blocks into a quilt is the challenge. I wanted mine to be like the CW quilt cots I loved how it turned out

These 2 mini quilts are different but the same pattern from Heartspun Quilts it was free for a short time and then you pay a nominal fee of 5.00. It was so much fun to make I used fabrics from a quilt that I had just finished and the scraps were still on my cutting table. The quilt is 12x12.

Sign up for her newsletter these archaeology quilts come out once a month and you are notified by her email updates. 

The top one I used conventional small hand quilting in black gutterman thread and the bottom one I used small big stitch red valdani. I will post the finished project after it is being borrowed for a demonstration at the moment. 

I don't know if you can zoom in but the fabrics are from this quilt below. 


 Well I am not sure how you are doing for holiday readiness but as you can see I have my head in the sand per say and keeping low key with my quilting which is a wonderful way of distressing. 

I hope you can find your cubby and enjoy some Peace and good will during the season. Thanks for taking the time to visit. 

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen your couch like this ..... it was always loaded with fabric kits .... how lovely it looks! Great work on those minis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right and I have been using the couch now to sit and quilt.

      Delete

visitors with a spare moment said...