Monday, March 6, 2023

Snow blows in to Ontario with a vengeance

I put this little quilt together yesterday there was a sew day in the morning with one of my guilds via zoom and Pam Buda of Heartspun quilts  had a wonderful new Archaeology pattern that she is calling "Welcome Spring" using spring colours. 

I decided I wanted another quilt for St Patricks day since the one I made last year went to Australia in a doll quilt swap. 

I still had some of the fabric left so I used greens and blues and I am calling this sweetheart of a quilt Irish Spring. I love how it turned out at the time this was taken I was not able to put on the border due to the paper weight fur ball on top of the border I wanted to use but can you see a corner of it? 

It is together now and I will post it when I have done the quilting it will be simple to go with the simple pattern. So much fun I hope you get a chance to visit the site and make one. 


I am also continuing with my stars and have found a wonderful go between them I will have to post next time didn't take a picture but it has all the color that is used in the quilt so far
And this was the stall in my hand quilting I thought I would have 2 projects finished but shovelling for hours deterred me and believe me my back shoulders thought I grew wings because they were painful just in that spot. 
I did get one side done of the border and only have one more to go I am using this lovely cable I am showing the back and the front just love how it finishes. 


 I am using the needles above they are Chenille 24's and they glide so nice for a big stitch as well as the # 8 valdani no twisting and runs smoothly through the fabric and batting. I can't wait to put the next one on the frame that I will big stitch too. 

Well spring is but a dream as we quilt, the days are getting longer soon the garden will be calling for me am I ready for the change....hmmmm that is mixed emotions for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Your Irish Spring is sweet and once you get the border on ..... it will be lovely and quick to finish. As always, your hand quilting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...