Saturday, January 14, 2023

tops tops tops!

I have my Churndash top done this is as far as I am going to go in the rounds I am just putting a border on that will be the same background and mitered corners of course. I am debating about prairie points the same as the churndash or just a binding as the Churndash. Also debating on Machine quilting or in the ever growing hand quilting pile 
so this is mom with her finished top! as always we put it on Murray's bed for display. Mom is very proud of her top as she should be 
She didn't have 2 of the fabrics but we were able to find 2 she liked in my collection the deep blue and the red to match her 4patches. 
Love that she used only her scraps of fabrics from previous quilts
I have to show a few blocks her piecing is just perfect!
As you can see can't lay back and relax Kiera is waiting for me to play with her the toy is on a line and I do some fly fishing with her, Kiera will carry it to the bed or up the stairs to play 

 Then I can't hold it in any longer look what Mom brought for me for Christmas! it is a Quilt Ladder! I have been dreaming of one for years and when we had a face time session I ruined the suprise because she bent over for something and I saw it in the background. I don't miss a thing! 

Then Mom put in the van to transport and didn't realize the door was not closed all the way and the battery died so she called the garage to see what the issue was they investigated and let her know what happened and gave her a free jump! how nice eh? 
I sure hope you are starting 2023 just the same with good endings! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you finally got a quilt ladder. Lovely place to display your gorgeous quilts .... and tops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mums quilt is beautiful, great you got a ladder, shows off your quilts really well.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...