Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bloggers Quilt Festival

Park City Girl started a great trend and I have a few minutes to post what I think I have done as my best quilt that I have saved as a pic.

This is a Piece of Cake design called Flourishes.. it is still not completed but the top is almost done just the boarder.

Why do you think I like this quilt? It was when I was just starting to build my stash and I had to get fabrics for the boarder to look like bricks.. so it was the start of a neverending stash buildup. I collected fabrics as I went along and made the florals and baskets. The store that I did this workshop in has now closed.. another memory of many quilting friends. I still considered myself a beginner at the time but it was great to pick the fabrics until this day now I try to make sure all my quilts have a variety of backgrounds (I have to dig this outta my chest and finish it!!) I was smart enough to put the fabrics I used in this quilt aside so that when I do go back I will have the same feel

to see all the other bloggers and what they had posted please go to her link you can either click on the title and/or her name. I will also post a link on the side bar you will see to go directly to the link that she has posted all the wonderful people that played... already close to 252!! quilters are a very small community aren't they!!


37 comments:

  1. Your "Piece of Cake" would never be a piece of cake for me! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Quilt! Great Work! It feels happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty, Debra. It certainly deserves to be finished...when you can spare the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the border! The whole quilt is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you layed it out, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy quilt. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt, very impressive

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. everyones quilt is so different and unique. I love looking at the quilts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt, I love any quilt design by the Piece O Cake gals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! You have done an amazing job on this one. Definitely dig it out and get it finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only just found your blog and what a find it is! Your quilts are gorgeous and by golly, I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an amazing quilt with all the appliques.So much work and definitely not a piece of cake to me!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am on the list too, and love reading the stories..your appliqued quilt is lovely!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work Debra. This one needs to be finished!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is a wonderful quilt. And the list of all the favorites is way fun! It will keep me busy for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stop! That is just stunning! It immediately reminded me of a happy summer day! Wow, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is going to be a winner when finished. I have the patterns but have not made it up. I really like seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowzers!!! Simply Stunning...get this one finished for sure! It sure caught my eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just revisiting some of my favorites from the event. Love your applique blocks and the contrast to the outside edge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love to see applique so beautifully applied.

    ReplyDelete
  21. great stash use quilt. It is easy to see why it is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is stunning. Lovely quilt. I would never tire of looking at this one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Deb- how pretty! You make me want to quit my job so I can stay home and sew all day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! What a great quilt I can see why it would be a favourite
    Enjoy the festival

    ReplyDelete
  25. This blog quilt show is so great and your quilt is fabulous for a beginner. Love it of course. I am posting a picture tomorrow for the show.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Deb? Is that you? I've been looking over your blog and I recognized your stack and whack stuff from earlier posts. Your Piece of Cake quilt is gorgeous!
    Oh! I'm so glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful! I'm amazed at all the great appliquers out here in blog land! I'm inspired to try - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. STUNNING! Gosh, that is a lovely quilt! And I love that it brought you a a stash of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is delightful! Well done, Debra.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really like the quilting motif. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a stunning quilt! I can see why it is your favorite!

    Visiting from the Spring Blooms Mini Quilt Swap!

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...