Thursday, October 17, 2013

Starting to do some quilting


100_4380
this was 2 1/2 inch strips that I swapped, blocks are together just have to make it into a quilt, I am using the back of table clothes from the dollar store as a design wall they work great and roll up your project to take where ever you may want to finish. I am going to take this to the feast and finish at Irene`s
The pattern is another Bonnie Hunter called Many Trips around the world, it is still free on her site
100_4365
i love this picture with Cheech and that curly tongue..LOL lucky shot
100_4366
and this is a closer and better shot of a very handsome boy. he looks pretty good for a 9èr

9 comments:

  1. Very cute little curly pink tongue indeed! One of these days I will use some of my uglies for that design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Scrappy Trips look great, Debra! That is a good idea to just roll up the tablecloth and take it with you. Have fun at Irene's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He certainly is a handsome boy! Crazy tongue though! Have never seen another dog be able to do that. Must be Cheech talent! Love your quilt to be. I am still working on mine, among other things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, love your quilt. I've been doing a few pieced quilts lately too. The cost of the custom quilting for the applique quilts is hard on my budget! lol
    Yes, Cheech is a handsome boy. I think it is wonderful of you to take him in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be enjoying seeing that trip get its act together. I love it!
    Hugs to Cheech. He doesn't seem to be camera-shy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely trip around the world quilt!! So sweet Cheech has a forever home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, he is a handsome pup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have had four Chihuahuas. They all had rough starts but are so worth it. Possibly the saddest story in our lives was a Min Pin who was rescued by the group we were working with. She was 11 1/2 years old and had spent her entire life breeding in a kennel. Her tummy was distended, most of her teeth were gone. We fostered her for a few weeks and then adopted her. She trusted me. How she could have that kind of trust after a lousy life, I'll never know. She had three good (spoiled) years with us. I still cry when I think of this little 6 1/2 pound old girl had such a terrible life. She will always be in my heart. These guys are tougher than we are sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is lovely and Cheech is so cute....

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...