Thursday, April 14, 2016

Thinking...thinking...thinking

I am thinking of doing this wonderful challenge Blue By You by some of the Ontario guilds for the next Quilts at the Creek Show in July anyone can participate and last years challenge was a great success.
This 2015 mystery quilt that was done by many Canadians, Designer was Sherri Hisey https://www.bordercreekstation.com/ for a quilt show we had at Black Creek Pioneer Village in Toronto last year. it was called Pioneer Spirit you could make is as scrappy as you wanted since it was to be part of the pioneer days so I did. 
you can see many of them and how everyone made their own rendition.http://faeriesandfibres.blogspot.ca/…/quilts-at-creek-pione…

This pattern is still https://quiltsatthecreek.wordpress.com/ for the 2015 challenge if you want to make it. Free.https://quiltsatthecreek.wordpress.com/

I didn`t get mine done in time but I am hoping to this year. It is a great show and you see quilts from all over the world not just Ontario.

I know I don`t have blue quilt and am not sure if I want to go modern or traditional...hmmm...thinking. I will have to start pulling fabrics and then look at some patterns, I am not a designer but love to put a new twist on a design...lets see what happens.

This was my late version of the mystery from last year though.  It is currently at Whirls and Swirls for quilting going to get the baptiste fan on it.





5 comments:

  1. LOL ... guess where you can find lots of blue fabric!! Love this top and the border fabric is great. You didn't surprise me with your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the very scrappy quilt. The design is all pulled together by those nine patch blocks. You have lots of quilts in the works and that you plan on making. Do you have a way to keep track of everything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours in your mystery quilt. You have lovely projects on the go. Happy Stitching. Hope the sun is shining where you are...it is here today, yippee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scrappy quilt is so impressive! The border fabric makes it look even more intricate and mysterious. Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...