Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Quilt Shows and Baskets

 I had a weekend of friendship and quilt shows it was so much fun. I went to the North Bay quilt show (4hr drive) and stayed with Rose Marie of Applique and Patch Quilting she will some very exciting news to post you will have to visit in a week or so.

I have over 190 pictures but for now I am posting these giant star quilts.

Aren't they wonderful!!
 I taught this class and there were many that were completed and in the show and the quilters only had nice things to say about the class this really makes me feel good that I could give a quilter incentive to enjoy a technique and finish.


 Apologies but this one is on it's side..students brought fabrics with different values and then we worked together on the best way to use those fabrics in their blades

I taught out of Eleanor Burns book Radiant Star and everyone had their own book that is a stippulation I have if I teach a technique that someone has written about and I use the book the student has to have the book
 Another sideways glance but I am just so excited I will try to fix these later.
Working the show with my friend we had a little time to lay my blocks out on her design wall for the Trick or Treat quilt Love how the values are coming together, this is just slapping them all on without playing so I am not going to play to much. I am down to 30 blocks and less then half of the borders and a few inbetween blocks

I would love to thank RMC and GC for hosting Buddy and I while we were there. Buddy was an absolute delight with them he actually let RM pet him more than once and then when leaving he jumped on their couch and pretty well said see yeah to me! he got a little spoiled..LOL

More pictures and fun to post at a later time thanks for visiting I am linking up to Needle and Thread so visit there and see what other Canadian's have under the needle

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts, Deb! The "Trick or Treat" quilt is AMAZING! I can't imagine how much time it has taken. Please continue to keep us up-to-date with the progress.

    Thank you for linking-up to The Needle and Thread's WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous quilts......my first quilting book was "Star Quilts" by Mary Elizabeth Johnson, I have always loved star designs. Love those pretty basket blocks too, aren't they so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love those quilts and your collection of baskets. I have often thought that mr Google should spend some of his excess energy providing blogger with a way to rotate photos (rather than trying to kill off my yahoo address)!

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...