Tuesday, April 14, 2015

winding down from Easter

 We auditioned where blocks where to be layed
 Cut background fabrics
 had an audience
And taa daa we got 3 tops done. Mom had the blocks done through BOM`s she did through the year then we get together to put them into tops, then she and her Wheatley Friendship Club quilting friends will hand quilt them. 




These were done in between going to Markham Guild on the Thursday to watch a friend of mine Sandy and her Trunk show, Sat going to 2 Quilt shops and lunch making our Easter Meal on Sunday. We did well it was any easy setting for us. 

 I also have put my giant star in a frame to start hand quilting this will be fun to do since there are sooo many fabrics used in it.
aaaaaand we have another mini finish. This was a challenge from Twisted Stitchers guild on how to describe you as a quilter to make a small quilt and put words on it. This is hand appliqued and quilted. Bringing tonight for show and share.

It has been slowly turning to spring and I have been getting out in the garden with the winter clean up

Also this weekend is the Napanee quilt show.  It is a beautiful drive to get there.

4 comments:

  1. What lovely tops......and I love your mini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quilt top in the browns a lot. My kind of colors.

    My little quilt group did a small quilt exchange two Christmases ago that was to have at least one word on it. I put a lot of thought into what I wanted to make for the person whose name I had. I enjoyed the idea behind the gifts we made that year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you created movement with the circling blocks!

    Your mini is so you....all those tiny scrap hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Debra, I hopped over from Karen's as I enjoy applique and was interested to see more of your work. Your quilts are lovely, but what (or who) I fell in love with, was your darling little dog Buddy. I have a much larger dog, but I love all dogs and he is just adorable. My husband says we are not getting any more dogs, but I'm sure I could sneak a little one in under my quilt frame LOL
    It was nice to visit and see what you make. Blessings, Kath in England.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...