Thursday, March 23, 2017

Doing what I love to do

 Well you will see I have been busy. Mom brought a couple of sampler blocks to put together so we put 2 of her quilts together. I am not sure why I didn't get a full picture of hers below.
 You can see that she used green for her sashing strips
 We have a funny tale on the border. We like our borders not to be pieced and cut whole all the way across. Mom didn't have enough, she does these blocks out of a store in Leamington Ontario.
We have a store called Log Cabin Yardage in Pickering. We decided to see what she had that would match well turns out she had the fabric!! so we bought enough for Mom's borders and if she wants she has enough to make pillows.
 I am also back to finishing my Walking Dead quilt I  love how it is turning out. only have 3 more sides to put on and I am done.
I brought it to Whirls and Swirls for some custom ideas that I want for it. She is a talented custom quilter and it will be worth every penny when she is done.Look at all that wonderful space she will have fun playing with.
 This was one of the sampler blocks mom gave me for Christmas and I wanted to do something different with the layout so I used a stack and whack technique. I like how it turned out.
 and these are my blocks that mom gave me i too went to Log Cabin Yardage with mom and got the border fabric for of the trees.
BTW she has changed locations from Whitevale to Pickering much easier to get to off the 401.


 I am also working out of a book called the Simple Life, Rosemarie of Applique n Patch and I decided we were going to do this as an online partnership. She is working her's so differently than I am she is only doing one of the blocks where as I am doing each of the blocks

So this is done
 this is done
 This is prepped
These are prepped for applique

Plus I have been busy with the pupps they love to go for walks so they keep my joints moving...

Well off to work hope you all get a chance to stick a needle in

6 comments:

  1. You're so lucky to have your Mom to quilt with! And I like the Simple Life blocks..looking at the book now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy......and I love love love that leafy border fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sampler blocks with the stack and whack setting blocks turned out very well. Good setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of finished tops .... you and your Mom produce a lot when she visits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy! I am overwhelmed looking aat all you have going. (and I have only one dog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing quilts! I really love the applique!

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...