Monday, September 10, 2018

Work space makes a difference

Hopefully with posting again I can get some incentive I had some time for my quilt studio (that is what I am calling it) this is why I call it my studio last year there was a Facebook post for sale on these 3 items and the machine. I had worked a lot of overtime last year didn’t know why till this plopped into my lap I was so giddy. It is really a quilters dream!

 There is a tall boy with loads of drawers for my tools and such (yes full already!)
Then there is the sewing table this is great as you can see more drawers that are handy to have right beside you they also roll out so that I can have a little cutting table or ironing surface, yes the Bernina came with it! It was well cared for and there is also a bunch of embroiderie stuff. This machine also sews like a dream it hummms. The table also folds out in the back making it much much bigger!

Then below is my dream cutting table! both sides fold out to make it larger for my borders that I sometimes like to cut whole, yes and more drawers.

Everything is on wheels which makes it portable. You would laugh how I got it all in there with 2 vans and organizing it all in with help from a strong neighbour we got it down the owners stairs and then down my stairs the cutting table just squeezed in. so nothing had to be dismantled.



 I had promised to show what the border looked like thousands of pieces and that gray fabric is pins and needles this is all hand Applique and machine pieced. This is on my list for hand quilting there is alot of empty space so quilting will be easy. My fingers are itching to get this one done. This was a pattern out of the book a Simple Life if you are interested in making. I love the fact that there is piecing and applique it is a great mix I will also use that border treatment again on a quilt block.


3 comments:

  1. Wow - what a great buy! You certainly worked for it with all that overtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes see things for sale that I would love to have but wonder how I would ever get it home. Good for you figuring it all out and acquiring some womderful storage units, etc. for your "studio".

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a terrific buy Deb, and the previous owner must have been happy knowing it was all going to a good home.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...