Monday, June 7, 2021

Hell has not frozen over



I have finally finished this quilt that is now gifted to my husband. There had to be some testing done as you can see below.

It was a kit bought many years ago. I pieced it in a week but the hand quilting took about 15 years. The quilt was patient with me though and was happy when I sat to stitch on it. This quilt has many memories of its own as I worked on other projects and it waited patiently. 

It now has its reward of being loved on my husbands bed. He loves it and is happy to finally have this loving quilt cover him in his slumber. 

Introducing Meara and Kiera these girls came last year. We celebrated their year on May 30 they have been a delight and keep Uncle Ted on his toes. 

I am posting from my iPad it is a new experience please bear with me as I learn and grow


Hoping this post brings you health and happiness

Deb


5 comments:

  1. So beautiful .... the quilt and the girls! I know Murray is thrilled that he finally got to use it! LOL I often wondered whenever I visited if that quilt would ever be finished. I'm thrilled that it is DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful finish! I can see why your husband loves it. Meara and Kiera are adorable. I have a new blog. hettyquilts.blogspot.com I had to start a new one when I lost my other blog while I was Providence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have this finished..... Looks wonderful on the bed.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad your back, lovely quilt I think the girls have claimed it though

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to see you back on your blog

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...