Sunday, June 19, 2022

Peace and Healing



Well we are on the final stretch for the Peace and Healing run by Piecing the Past Quilts project I have all 31- 9 inch blocks framed and the  32 -4 patch set in blocks pieced squared and ready. It was nice to sew straight lines after all those HST. I have chosen my background fabric for the finishing. It's getting exciting! I don't have the background posted yet I have to find the right lighting to picture, the pictures I have taken make it look gaudy,  but on the wall it looks great so I won't post till completed because I know there will be people wondering why I picked it. I quilt as I see fit and pick fabrics to my liking not all persons agree with the choices that is okay that is why we are individual creators. 

What I love about this quilt is there are blocks that I will use for other projects that I have in mind. Participating in these sew a longs helps your library expand in the tools needed to finish a quilt. Beginner quilters can have a library of patterns in no time to be creative in making new quilts. 

I know when I first started quilting I joined 5 quilt guilds (1 hr drive east/west/north/south)  because I started quilting with nothing and online quilting was not quite the phenomenon so I collected the block of the month patterns the guilds had offered and built my block library. This is also when gas was only 45 cents a litre. This year will be the first year I will join no guilds.   

 I also like to hang quilts that I have finished in my bedroom. So when I first walk in I can see it before I go to bed and when I wake up it is a great incentive for me to continue with the next project I am working on knowing that I will have a finalised project in the end. Some projects take a long time. I love how the sun picked up the quilting on this small What Not quilt design by Kim Dhiel it was a kit using her pattern and fabrics. 

I also decided to treat these tired and garden dirty feet to a pedicure I wanted to be bright and cheerful and was very happy with the results. it was a nice treat after all the work I have been putting in to our yards and yards of gardening. 
Hope you are able to get some stitching in our weather has been up and down but perfect for gardening some cool days some hot and some rain so this evens out the outdoor indoor work. 

2 comments:

  1. No guilds this year .... OMG that will be different! Love your toe polish! Your blocks .... your mini quilt .... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the blocks are nice and I can't wait to see the layout design.....is that a touch of the garden on your feet?????
    and you have your own group now online costs nothing to join or drive too........

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...