Saturday, June 4, 2022

Simple life, simple days

rhubarb Pie in the making! these tins were my Gram's and I love how they cut your pie it is on the diagonal. The pie is gone but there is more rhubarb I am trying new recipies because I am trying to find the best Rhubarb Custard pie. 

Oh and one or 2 people asked what the recipes are that I am using

Recipe 1 (pictured)

Recipe 2 (not pictured it was gone before I could take a picture)


I am also back to the signature blocks where I am adding the Leaves the hearts were signed over 10 years ago and now I am putting them into a design that I found in the Quilt Mania mag # 138

It is the cover quilt. I have adjusted a little because I am not crazy about the skinny embroidered circle I have a skinny biased stem around, preferences are up to the maker right? 


 On top of everything else my new job is cutting the grass, in doing so I have a helper, look at those green paws! That's okay they cleaned up well. 


Also Chooky Blue has challenged us to make Churn dash blocks so guess what I can't pass up a challenge. She directed us to a wonderful double Churn Dash and I love it. This block is so easy to make and so effective! 

I love Chooky she has quilters meet from all over the world for wonderful sit and sew chat! the Catch is you have to blog which I have no problem with at all, it actually got me blogging again! I am not sure why I fell out but glad I am able to revert back to working on my projects and keeping a history of them again. 

A final note, live life lightly! 

4 comments:

  1. Those pies do look scrumptious! Glad that you are blogging again! What .... you are doing the churn dash challenge too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pies look great..........goodluck trying more recipes.........the hearts and wreaths is pretty.......goodluck getting them all appliqued........looking forward to see what you make for the churn dash SAL.........and lovely to have you join zoom........it is a pretty special crew and fairly regular group now............odd new one here or there.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pies look and sound great! Beautiful blocks you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha! I'm working on the signature piece for the church's 150th anniversary and all those signatures collected ten years ago. Hoping to gather more on leaves to add to a vine.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...