Monday, May 23, 2022

Projects have me on the go.


I just thought I would also post this beautiful Basket quilt that was a sew along with Pieces in the Past Quilts  This was done in 2021 I finished it July 2021

 It was also a fun project most of the fabric I used was from Kim Diehl's line. 

I think I have another border around it this is not all together here but I do have the whole thing posted. 
Oh there we go I found it! I changed the corners from a solid finish to baskets on the corner as well. I was able to use my Handy dandy 150 blocks book and find some basket patterns that were 10in since the border is 10 inches 
I also didn't want my baskets hanging upside down when on the bed so I had them all the same way, 

during the summer last year I brought some tops to be basted to hand quilt I should be set for about 3 years, there is not one quilt that is under 100x100 but I am also going to big stitch some of them so they will go quickly
This is one of my favourite quilts, why? you ask it was a block swap that had to be anything to do with cat's kittens. I got all these blocks back and then had to think of a way to build a quilt. I had wonderful fabric for the corner stones, different cats, then the sashing there is kitty prints in the fabric, but what I love best is the borders they are cats walking on a picket fence. 
Even the binding is frogs, mice and such that kitties would find to torture. 
I am heading long in this quilt that has a ways to go yet but I am finding things to quilt it to my liking thank goodness the hardest part is what to decided to quilt in it. 

I am working on Moda Block Heads 4 blocks and I am on their facebook page. I have to say it sure has changed from when we used to follow the pattern and now its like a pattern is posted and everyone has their twist. I love it! sometimes it just gives you the incentive to make your own or use another participants idea. 
I love this block the corners that are on this block were not in the pattern but someone posted this idea. I had to do the same thing its amazing how a little twist in a pattern can be so dramatic to the block. 
I won't do it with all of them but sometimes a block needs a little touch.

Well back to getting my quilting going. I am almost finished my first row of big stitch with "Ruby will post next time no picture. 

Have a happy holiday for Monday be it anywhere in the world! 

Deb

2 comments:

  1. Everything is so lovely! I like the twist you did on that block. Oh yes, you will be busy with hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. busy busy Deb.........the basket quilt is lovely...........

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...