Saturday, May 21, 2022

Piece out!


 Well this is pieced Kim Diehl Whatnot quilt, I bought from Bordercreek Station that I got last week! it was fun to do and would make an excellent leaders and enders as well! 

Still spending mornings working on the gardens. Little hot today doing laundry and have all the windows open its just so fresh!

 Picked Rhubarb debating what the first thing is I am going to make. 



Also still working on my Peace and Healing blocks by Piecing the Past Quilts  free blocks SAL that you can sign up for. 

The wall is filling up so far I am loving it

These are fabrics that I cut at the beginning from collection of fabrics and bagged. I like this way of doing sew alongs you just grab a baggie and work it. 

Debbie has many of these sew a longs that finishes beautiful quilts I did her basket quilt not too long ago. The patterns are written so well you can see that all the points match all the blocks have been super simple to put together. 

The four that I posted below had much more work to them but they just flowed so nicely putting them together. Each block I make i keep thinking oh this would be great as a border all the way around, or I would like to make a whole quilt just with this block. 




I am also trying big stitch on this quilt I had made it a few years ago 
The nine patches were from a swap that I had participated in and as you can see I have used this bird fabric. (the first time it is many quilts right now) My Gram had passed and I thought this was a great quilt to remember her, Gram's name was Ruby and so this quilt became Ruby I had put it together in memory of her. 
Then it sat how was I going to finish it? this is the perfect quilt to big stitch right it is busy and you will not see that my big stitches are not perfect as I try to gain with practice. 

I have the shells on the bird strips and then just some lines in the nine patch blocks it is moving along very fast. 



then we have the signs of spring, my red bud trees are in bloom Meara is more adamant then ever adventuring outside. She only goes out when I do and she is good at waiting till I do go. When I garden in the front she is on harness and she coos as I put it on her is so funny to listen too the excitment! 


These tulips were so beautiful I had to take a picture with Ted beside them as you can see he was not thrilled to be the model but he did put up with me. 

Well I guess there was a little bit of a chatty post but spring brings so much more to see and we have been going for more walks its lovely. 
have a great long weekend, or short weekend whichever it is. I hope those that are having such horrific rains and floods are able to be safe. 

2 comments:

  1. So many wonderful projects! You are doing great in getting them finished.
    The fur babies are having fun outside and I can only imagine how excited they are to be outside with you. Your garden is looking fabulous as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the plus's are looking good.........and I like the other mixed blocks your making.........spring sure does put a spring in everyones step doesn't it......

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...