Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Summer journey

I found a quilt that was printed in the quilters newsletter that I loved and wanted to use my blocks that I had received in a swap in 2010, yes you read that right 2010
This is the start of it I have learned some things along the way scale! it is important. I had pieced the 12 baskets in a row and found that it was very long the baskets in the picture must be 4in so I had to unsew. My rows will have 9 blocks I also have 12 blocks that were not on point was going to put them in the middle as a medallion to change it up a bit but too big so my friend Rosemarie suggested to make a small quilt with and I have decided to go with her suggestion. 
We had rain so it has helped with working the dirt and getting rid of those weeds, still have a ways to go I might get it all done by end of summer. I don't have the same umph this year I am missing my mascot. Don't worry time will help me get used to it. I do have the neighbours with their hounds howling and a baby that just does not stop crying so there is not much peace in my garden. 
I had put the other leaf in the table to make it longer in the kitchen and the kitties now think this is a great place to watch me work in the kitchen usually both are up there we never eat at this table so it is their perch. I used to be really strict with my animals when I was younger now I just let them be, just no counter and they know this with gentle coaxing. 
My husband had visitors yesterday it was a fabulous visit he was in fine form his sister on the right and his niece on the left he did really well! 

 We were lucky the rain subsided for us to sit on the porch and enjoy the sunshine and company. 

Hope you can get some stitching in 

3 comments:

  1. LOL ..... you actually listened to me? I'm happy you did because I just love where you were going and the blocks will flow nicely as in the mag. photo. Glad that Murray had a family visit and they could see for themselves how he is doing ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gardens look great, Deb. I agree about the kitties. Ours are our family and they are very good about where they are allowed. They have one corner of the kitchen counter to perch on and watch their flying friends out the window. Their bowl of water is there but they never wander any further. Cats are easily trained with kindness and gentle encouragement. So glad you adopted them. They are fabulous company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt pattern and your blocks look great, as does your garden.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...