Monday, December 8, 2008

Time for giving...

I see that there are lots of people blogging about their Christmas preparations and gifts for their loved ones.. the blogs are so wonderful to read.. if you click on my profile you will see the blogs I am following and be able to see what everyone is up to.
I have been working on many projects as well. I have Merry Bee's quilt almost done. I changed the layout a bit but love what I did.. the material in the sashings is from what her daughter sent me. I has bees and hives so I fussy cut it and used it to frame some of the nine patches. I thought it worked out so well.
I made 3 bullseye blocks myself one with little fairies as the background. It is almost all together but I had a hard time with the boarder. It is not on yet but now know what I am going to do... you see I still have 12 more 9patch signatures to use and my goal was to design a quilt that I can use all the signature blocks... Ihope that I will have the rest together this weekend . I have a great idea that I think will work for the boarder than to machine quilt it and send her off...I think I procrastinated a little cause I know that I will be machine quilting this and I am a little intimitated!!

I am also putting the binding on both of the other signature quilts. I have the binding on one side and am just hand stitching the other side.. soon I will have some finished projects to post!! instead of all these UFO's!! I tell you whomever invented these hair clips is a genious. I use them for holding my binding rather than pins and then I don't get stuck with pins I am not sure if you can see the lobster that is quilted on the quilt. I had requested the LAQ to design a lobster and she did a fantastic job!! The Pattern was from Quilters Newsletter's summer mag.. again another pattern that came just in time for another signature idea that needed about 500 signatures!!
Well back to putting in a few more stitches.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you've done with the 9 patches and drunkard path blocks. It is soooo creative!
    Lurking Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is going to be stunning. What an act of generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You've been buzy. Love the quilts. It's just so sweet of you to do this. It's really turning out lovely. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both quilts are wonderful. The first one, so colourful! I like that. I use the binding clips also. Love them.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...