Friday, February 22, 2013

Leaving

On a little adventure
100_4262
First I had a workshop last Saturday making a weekender bag I got this much done in the class and have not been able to finish it so I will be taking the suitcase.
The class was with 2 lovely ladies from Harebrained Happenings they have wonderful patterns but I have wanted to make this bag for a couple of years. I used only the scraps that I had some fabrics from my strip quilt that my dad has and strips left over from the Giant star quilt. I will make another one of these bags of course, but with a thinner batting I picked one that was a tad too thick, lesson learned.
100_4263
I was also leafing through some old Quilters Newsletter mags  and found the layout for my baskets that I had received on a swap that I was in a couple of years ago. I have some great alternate fabric to go inbetween the 4 pieced blocks and boarders. This will probably be one project I will bring on one of my other retreats I am going to in the next 2 months.
100_4264
i am procrastinating right now I want to clean up a bit and think what to pack as you can see my huge Ironing surface is suffering from no space, projects, project ideas, marking items, oops in the corner on the left is my Easy street, can someone please just find me more time!!!
That little filing cabinet is jammed, I mean jammed with patterns I want to get done!
100_4265
So what to pack, projects or clothes, well as long as I have my toothbrush and warm pj`s I should be okay…I am going to bring my BOAF blocks and Basket blocks, and my Love Letters maybe I can get those all prepped.
I`m leaving on a jet plane, don`t know when I`ll be back again…another song to sing all day!

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy the retreat. I look forward to seeing what you create at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the basket pattern. I'm such a softie for any and all baskets.:) Sounds like you are busy, busy these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time, and say hello for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be a great bag! There are never enough hours in a day, in my day anyway. Enjoy your time up north with your quilting buddies. That should be relaxing and fun. I heard you were teaching/demonstrating something at the Creative Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time. I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers from wanting to do more then I've time to accomplish. I love the baskets! They will make a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...