Sunday, February 7, 2016

Almost

 I am not sure if you remember when We Three quilters did a 9in red and neutral swap of material to make this Bonnie Hunter pattern
I started working on this on one of the retreats I went to, I laid out the blocks didn`t like it so brought them home and played more then came up with this. There is great value in the blocks this is what makes it so spectacular to me!
You can see Rose Marie`s here Mary no blogger I didn`t get a picture of hers. So 3 quilters all different, same fabric.
 Well I had the top pieced for a while but had not decided to hand or machine quilt it. So glad I decided to machine. I took it to Whirl`s and Swirl`s and picked out the pattern Tracey found a perfect thread and then...ugh what did I do to myself!
This was a very difficult pattern for me as a beginner so I thought. As I went along I got comfortable and it turned out pretty good. It has the same quirkiness all the way through it so it looks like it should be. I am happy how it turned out. Very happy
 This is huge it took 5 1/2hours to quilt. I am not a slow machine quilter (it is better to go at a good clip rather than try to be perfect on every line) It is about 100x120 because I wanted to use every block
 Rose Marie will want to see the back. This was the fabric for last years row by row, I thought it appropriate since it was a quilting adventure I hope you can bring it up closer to see all the quilting names of rivers, roads, highways, towns, and Lakes it is very entertaining.
 These are my blocks for the 1857 quilt, I am loving this, i have 4 done and the 2 more prepped and ready.

Have a great weekend!



8 comments:

  1. I like your setting of the red and neutral scrappy quilt.....so different to Rose Marie's, which I have seen in person (in fabric?), and I love that backing fabric too! Your 1857 quilt is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your results. That is really a quilt to admire.
    And ... your blocks are looking good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love what you did! It makes me want to get mine done now. Your 1857 blocks are lovely. I've saved the patterns and should join in the fun with you and Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 1857 Album Quilt blocks are gorgeous! I was lucky enough to see your red quilt in person and the quilting is wonderful - the pictures just don't do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 1857 blocks are looking lovely. I just started mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks for the 1857 quilt are beautiful. Your red & neutral quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with the Bonnie H pattern. Your design reminds me of coloured leaves in the fall.

    Like everyone else who commented, I also love your 1857 blocks...

    Thanks for posting to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilt and so want to know the name of the backing! I just saw the 1857 BOM and have downloaded the patterns. That is as far as I have gotten! Nice work!
    https://pegsplace.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...