Monday, August 19, 2019

Flowers, bugs and updates oh my!

 this guy just gives me the biggest heart.,,EVER!

How can I refuse that look!
 this is in front of the house I am going to get a mix of flowers next year too. love how they are coming around.


The spiral tree that they are on was found on the road side waiting for the garbage man I carried it home when I had the 2 dogs they were very patient as I had to stop every once in a while to re-position



This is sedum my husband does not like this because when it blooms it tells him fall is approaching. I am the opposite it tells me quilt season is upon us!

I am not sure if I posted about this sew a long, okay yes it is the same block but it is free and it is fun to sew with others and see the different fabrics everyone is achieving with it.

Border Creek Station will be able to give you all the details. these blocks are only 8 inches so any fabric is going to look amazing I actually have put 4 more on the wall and cut a whole bunch more!


More garden fun in my front yard. All these are just my front yard! the back yard will be next this is low maintenance with hosta's and hydrangeas
As you can see there is a hole here, we had to get exterminators to come in and remove a yellow jacket nest that was under my Yucca plant. It is now road kill in the middle of my driveway. We give it a wide birth because I want to make sure everything is gone from it. I only found out they were there because of disturbing the nest and getting stung a few times.

This was 2 weeks ago Sat and I still have some skin discoloration where they done havoc on me.

On the side note I can go to Vandermeer's and see what I can get to replace that hole in memory of those vicious yellow jackets.

I posted about this quilt a couple of weeks ago. I am posting it again because I am going to change the border I am not happy with it. I am going to make a thin frame of the brown around it. I saw a quilt that was finished with the churn dash block as the boarder all the way around and I loved it. so this is what I am going to do. Lets see if that works using up more of those scraps.

1 comment:

  1. Nice little trip through your garden. I love the quilts. I have a bunch of 8-inch feedsack star blocks waiting to be joined into a quilt ... once I figure out how to arrange them. I have toyed with the idea of adding some solid blocks and I rather like what you have done. The idea of dealing with all the seam allowances at the edges is a bit intimidating.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...