Thursday, August 8, 2019

August already! What!!


 Look at this little sweet heart he makes my husband and I so happy he really is a joyful sole I am BBQ'n some chicken so I have peaked his interest
 I am still catching up on some of the stuff I have been working on this was a challenge by Kathleen Tracy for one of the months and I had some blue package of fabric from Cotton Harvest Quilt store. They have been at the quilt shows and oh my I could just buy everything they have!

I love all the quilts in this book and thought this would be the perfect pattern for my wee stash see how different the coloration makes the quilt?

 I still have enough to create something else out of one Kathleen's books you will have to google her there is so much to share.
 Okay do you see this on the left? is it not the most adorable pin cushion? not only did she make the doggy but also the mat for the puppy to lay on and a bone to chew on, it also had scissors this was a swap of pincushions I was in and this is the treat I got back I love it so much!
 I also have been slowly stitching the dutch treat blocks with Meerkat shweshwe fabrics. The designer for this gorgeous quilt will be at our next sit and sew and there are still openings, you can bring any show and share plus any hand work that you are working on...even binding! LOL

My next fetish is gold fish I could live on these!
This was a wee applique quilt I made, the pattern was from the mini quilt mags that used to be published and then I used it to show people how to applique with the no melt templar method. This sweet thing was also hand quilted...which reminds me I have to work on another wee quilt that is going to another quilter...will follow up with some pictures later

Stay cool summer is whizzing by!

3 comments:

  1. That is the cutest pincushion I have ever seen, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo of Murray and Teddy! Love those mini quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb,
    So happy to see you love the puppy I made you. I’ve got him on my header at the moment over at my blog. You weren’t blogging at the time I sent him to you and although I found you on Instagram once I wasn’t able to find you again.
    Lovely to see you blogging again, and I love your idea for slowing the passing traffic, I can see we need something here to distract our traffic too!
    Love your mini quilts, well done!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...