Friday, March 18, 2022

its a topper!

This was a quilt I had started a while ago the bear paws was for another one that I was commissioned to make I didn't think they were suitable so designed this instead with the panel in the middle.

I don't normally work with panels and it is a challenge to make something to compliment it...for me anyways. I thought it turned out pretty good.

I was able to use what I had in my stash for the fabrics, bees trees and such. the border has bee honey combs. I was very fortunate it was make it as you go and everything fit together really well with each border. 

we always audition a quilt on DH's brace bed I wish I could get the fabric that is the same as his wallpaper! 
then you get friends that tell you about a fabric sale and they know you just finished a bear quilt with bees. So I had to run to get the fabric of course. This sweet fabric will be the backing. That wee bear checking out the sunflowers was my grandmothers.



 I also had to be creative on a cat deterrent for them using my quilt as a hammock. It works! it is from the dollar store and is actually for garden animals deterrent. They check to see if it is on now and then but hee, hee, hee I outsmarted them. 

It rolls up easy when I want to quilt on the quilt. As you can also see I have to tuck everything in since Meera feels that batting makes a great snack

4 comments:

  1. How fantastic that panel top turned out! And for telling you about that sale fabric ... you're welcome! We need to see your progress on the quilt that is under that fence ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that will be my next post I am making progress LOL.
      Isn't that bee fabric lovely so happy I went thanks for the heads up

      Delete
  2. well done on the top..........Ive not used a panel before.........I have one to play with though...........one day.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much inspiration on line on Panels and quilt making it is getting more elaborate on framing them. I have seen One block wonders done with Panels and they are really spectacular if I make one again that would be something I would try.

      Delete

visitors with a spare moment said...