Sunday, April 9, 2023

best laid plans

Well my partner in crime is patiently waiting while I stitched the last of part 3 in the mystery by Jemimas Creative Quilting  I have my first bloom for the spring now I have to get back to other projects keeping my hands busy
Quiltmania mag came and I had a brain explosion on using that bunny in this quilt that I am working on
I have the top appliqued and attached and auditioned the size on the bed the length is perfect but the width is too short for me so I am adding the borders to both sides and feel it needs more applique. 

I have decided that the bunnies in the quilt that Quiltmania has on their front page can be used in between more vines and flowers they are just the right size. 

Remember I am only using what is left of the fabric I have enough of the off white but had to dig in my collection for another dark and I am happy to report I have one that is perfect and enough of it. So planning is a go!

The blocks remind me of the briars and I thought I would call this bunnies in the briars with all those points the applique will round off the quilt some 

Well back to stitching an update on the star quilt will be in order in the next post I have been working on that as well the border is a bit of work since it is 3 rows of hexagons all the way around. I also have some planning to do on the layout...and of course spring is approaching fast and I want to get ahold of the gardens before they run wild. 

Fat chance I am afraid that something has found my delicate oakleaf hydrangeas and nibbled them to nothing I am going to cover them before they sprout and see if I can save them if not I am not going to have a showy garden. 

Hope you are getting a few stitches in thanks for visiting. 
 

1 comment:

  1. I will look forward to seeing your progress on the borders and, of course, you had the perfect black in your stash! LOL

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...