Monday, April 3, 2023

now and then...

I have the top of the quilt finished with the applique and now have to add it to the rest of the quilt and add the borders, when I auditioned on the bed the length is great but I have to add more to the sides, remember I am only using what is left of the fabric that was given...more applique? do I dare? 
This picture came of this was my first love, she was found listed in the paper at 8 months old I had her till she was 13. Britnee was a very smart girl she went almost everywhere with me. 
This is one of the quilts I made using bear paw pattern that I was going to use for the quilt below I made all the paws and decided I didn't like it so made enough to make 2 other quilts this is one of them. I was very fortunate as I designed this on the go and the pieces fit well to create this quilt around the panel. 

I don't often work with panels but happy how it turned out. 

This quilt was donated and tickets were sold the winner decided she had enough quilts already and declined the win. I was fortunate because I had made and donated the quilt and mom's group quilted it...beautifully I might add. 
I was the lucky one to have it returned to me 

The quilt below was a signature block swap I had participated in long long ago (big stars) the challenge again is to create a complimentary layout for the blocks. I found this pattern on line as a free one the four stars conjoined. Loved it and thought it would really make the big stars sparkle even more. 

I started pulling from the scrap barrel I am sure when you look at these stars you will see other quilts I had made previously from the fabrics 
I had great fun pulling and piecing these together I actually think this would be an excellent border too. 

 Well I hope you find some stitching time, I may be finding more my part time is weeding out more jobs and ours are now on the block...I may be soon fully retired. The question is can I take it! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb what beautiful quilts you make and how wonderful and lucky that you got that beautiful quilt back, Britney looks like a wonderful furry friend,hope you have a lovely day 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...