Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer moments in July

My dad was able to make more quilt holders for me so we put up another quilt this is in my living area. This was the first stack and whack I ever did...and sure wasn't my last doesn't it look great with my dad's great talents
This is what it looks like in with my day bed there.. the trundle bed was his mothers I was very fortunate to get it.. I know the 2 quilts don't go together but I love the brightness of the other quilt. it is called it is a bugs life.. when you see it on a big bed the blue looks like a ripple of water.
Taa DAAAAA.. my mother made this isn't it awesome!! this is her first mini swap and her first mini that she has made hand appliqued and hand quilted even down to her prairie points. She has this done and it is going to be on its was soon.. the person receiving this I think is very fortunate. She fussy cut the fabric you can click on the pic and see the butterflies and hand drew the design freehanded... you can see a secondary design in the quilting.
Here is mom holding her mini.. now you can see that it is a great mini..
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. Your Mom did a great job with that fussy cutting of the butterflies. I love the placement of the blue down the middle and the two corners with the orangy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous mini your Mom made, Deb.

    Your stack and whack is beautiful and I love the colors.

    Isn't it wonderful that your Dad can contributd get involved with both of you and your Mom's quilting endeavors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygosh, ohmygosh, ohmygosh - that mini is incredible!! I can't wait to find out who the lucky recipient is!!

    And seriously, Dolores' comment does say it all - what a talented family. The stack & whack (with all those prairie points!) is wonderful as is the bug quilt.

    And your dad's hangers are works of art in their own right.

    How cool is THAT. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous quilts. That mini is to die for.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Debs Mom is amazing! What a first step into the world of mini quilts, just awesome. Whoever recieves this quilt is honoured, WOW, well done.

    love your minis Deb, they are all differnt and all so beautiful. You and your mum are very talented artists, you should both be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Mom does lovely work and I just love her quilt! BTW .... your minis are lovely, too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quilt holder! And what a great first stack and whack quilt. But I know you have made many more! Your Mom's mini is wonderful! I love the fabrics! You guys are one talented family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love your Mom's mini! And, both your quilts are pretty darn nice too! Even Dad gets in on the quilting with his wonderful quilt holders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I LOVE both of your quilts, what a talent you have...thank you for sharing photos..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilts. I love how your mom did the fussy cut. What a great mini quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mom did a great job. Love all those mini prairie points!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Talented family! Your Dad's hanger is lovely and your Mom's quilt is wonderful!

    Love the bright quilt on the daybed!

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...