Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ruby

well I am at the end of the nine patches...I had made 30 to go and lost them in my meager stash of a sewing room so had to make new ones and send them...well some time later I found them so was able to mix them with the ones I have rec'd from others.. here is another almost finished project..I am still adding some boarders..


this quilt is to commemorate my Grandmother..she passed in Feb and she was my last living grandparent..2 weeks shy of her 97th birthday (I do hope I have the same genes as her)


as I started the quilt I got goosebumps and thought this was perfect.. so introducing Ruby. This was my grandmothers name.. I hope you can see the fabrics click on the pic and you will get a closer look (oh btw..don't mind the mess creator at work ya know)


thanks for visiting...I am going to Brockville quilt show today with a lady friend that I meet on line through a canadianquilters group on Yahoo...she doesn't live that far sounds like we will be listening to Cathy Smith (the signing quilter) she has some great quilt songs/lyrics
Thanks for your visit and I hope you have a wonderful quilty weekend...

17 comments:

  1. I love your "Ruby" quilt. I am currently in a 9 patch swap and you have given me some ideas. Sewing and listening to Cathy Miller sing is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your trip to the quilt show was all you hoped for. Ruby's quilt is so pretty. Glad you made something to remind you for your grandmother. I know you miss her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt and a lovely tribute to your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I got goosebumps too. Ruby is beautiful. A wonderful way to pay tribute to Grandma! I love the lay-out. Gives me ideas for my nine patches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It irritates me when I loose something in my sewing room. You know it has to be there somewhere. You have turned a temporary loss into a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous grandmother 'Rudy' quilt. I want to make a 'Munner' quilt using all of her fabric I got from her estate when she passed....Maybe a 9 patch would work....your quilt is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful job on the quilt. It is beautiful!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a lovely quilt! 9 patches are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a lovely way to remember your Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just adore your 'Ruby' quilt and it is a lovely tribute to your grandmother. Your quilt has that 'old time feel' about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great tribute to your grandmother. A true family heirloom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a lovely quilt! And I don't see any mess ;)

    Sorry about the confusion in names. Of course, it was Cathy Miller we listened to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your 9 patches. What a beautiful way to commemorate your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you named the quilt after your grandmother. The quilt is just lovely! You'll be able to feel her hugs every time you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful quilt. I love that you named it after your grandmother. That is just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...