Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Silly Me!!

How dare I post a dessert and not put in the instructions.. got a few emails so here it goes...LOL

Rhubarb Delight

Base:

2 cups flour

1 cup margarine

2 tsp. sugar

1/4 tsp. salt

Mix and press into 9x13in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes

Custard:

1 cup evaporated milk

1/4 tsp. salt

4 tbsp. flout

2 cups white sugar

6 egg yolks, beaten

6 cups rhubarb

Mix custard ingredients well and pour over cookie base add the rhubarb evenly on top. bake 1 hour at 350F

Meringue:

6 egg whites, stiffly beaten

6 tsp.sugar

2 tsp. vanilla

Put meringue on top of baked rhubarb custard. Bake until golden brown 10-15 minutes.



My mother bought me this cook book in 1989 "The United Churches of Canada" Let's Break Bread Together. They have great receipe's that I have used for many pot lucks.



On another note you will see that I have posted some slideshows of the quilt shows I have gone to. I had not relized how many I have gone to till I sat and started putting these slides together. I still have a few more to add!!

Here is a pic of me and a quilt that I had at a show in Whitby. This is a Stack and Whack called White Bird why cause of the birds on the fabric. This church has you sign a book to donate you quilt to show at the next show. I will post the other pics a little latter in another slideshow.
I am not at my best I went right to the show after a night shift and had to wait till they opened!!



9 comments:

  1. Your quilt displays well. I know it was a fun one to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is awesome. I love stack and whack quilts. I have made one you pumpkin fabrics. It is always neat to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cookbook. I bought one from a friend and the recipes are really nice. I love a recipe where I don't have to go to the store to buy something I don't have in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb, Thank you for posting the photos from the quilt shows. There were some wonderful applique quilts. Did you notice the teddybears in the Lindsay show? They were from my "All About Bears" series.
    The Rhubarb recipe looks & sounds delicious, I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is terrific Deb! Nice to see you in the picture too! :o) I'm off to visit the quilt show slides now. Thank you so much for putting them on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's me again! What fabulous quilts! Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is fabulous! That reminds me... I still have to finish my stack and whack

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the recipe...sounds yummy. Your quilt is beautiful, the fabric colors are very pretty.
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...