Friday, July 5, 2019

adding more

I can add 4 more blocks to this wonderful Star Quilt a long , there is no rush for this and they had started long ago but that is okay. I am loving the fact that I am diving into my scraps and able to piece some great blocks. Most are using CW fabrics but I am using a little of everything this quilt will be very entertaining.
the start of the layout that was suggested by Kathleen Tracy these are free patterns on her facebook page if you want to join you can and also see what others have created. 
I am now about 6 blocks away from finishing the piecing of the stars, and am auditioning some fabrics to cut in the spaces that will be separating these blocks that are speaking volumes. I absolutely love the Rooster fabric bought it on a whim and now pulling from my collection really makes it worth it for me.
4 more blocks 6 more to go from the scrap bag blocks 24, 25, 26, 27
continuation of the Mystery I have one more row to put together. 




It is not too often that I get to post a picture of our girl Girlie, she is close to 16 years now and still going strong. I thought she was going last year but found out that she is not able to eat her kibble and has to eat soft food.
The vet said that as they get older it is harder for them to eat the kibble. Girlie is back to herself, even a little friendlier and I love her chatter she gives me when she sees me in the room. As you can see she has her special perch at the window...don't mind the Kitty nose prints.
She is the last of the 2 litters that my mother and I rescued. so here she is for those that know about my "Ghost Kitty" she is elusive with everyone else but me! Going strong and very happy except for that bratty little dog that will chase her once in a while she has learned to tell him off finally!

I hope you all have a wonderful day...not sure what I will be posting next!

3 comments:

  1. So nice to finally Girlie. I've only heard her hissing at me.

    Love your star blocks! Yeah for scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, gorgeous Girlie......you are the same age as our Bianca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Scrappy Star QAL is growing nicely and it's great to have a long term project to use scraps..
    The RBR looks lovely too.
    Girlie is good company for you. She has a purrect spot to sit.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...