Monday, July 15, 2019

My favorite


 I have a hydrangea that is about 10 years old now and I have loved it from day one it is called an Alice Oakleaf  these blooms just get bigger and bigger

 as you can see it can be very much the show case. I remember the first time I trimmed it back I was so scared I would kill it but it did wonderful. The bark will go orange in the winter and peel away it will look very rustic. The leaves get this gorgeous oakleaf fall color it is still my favorite.
You can see that the Pawtunias are starting to grow with the potato vine these are fun. Don't look at the weeds please they are part of the landscape and very hard to keep control of with such a big yard.

3 comments:

  1. That's beautiful......I have never seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the flowers are so pretty! I didn't know there were hydrangeas that were shaped like cones like that! I don't know the difference between a weed and a non-weed so you are all good with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is always beautiful to see. You just have that touch!

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...