Tuesday, July 9, 2019

look back a little this summer

 This was another sew along with Kathleen Tracy's group for the Peonies block which is in one of her books.  You may wonder why I made 2? well I had brought my fabric to a sit and sew at Homespun Designs in Stouffeville and thought well I will get my fabric cut and ready.
 I had fun chatting with the gang and just kept cutting away using up the FQ's wondering why I was still cutting for such a small project realizing that I had way too many piles so instead of one quilt which I could have done I made 2 wall hangings and the misfit blocks I am going to make a sewing machine cover for the machine upstairs, this way it doesn't look too messy when I am not there and a little decor for my hubby.
These will be waiting for me to hand quilt, I used to get the quilts long arm quilted but budgeting has now been the case if they don't get done some quilter will be happy to have them when I am gone.
Number 1 Peonies Block

Number 2 Peonies Block
 Teddy was such a hit on the last post I thought I would post another of him on his Nana's lap trying to con her out of some gold fish!
Nana may just give me some if you would just leave me alone! 
 Also Nana has now made it tradition to buy Wave Pawtunia's for her 4 legged grandchild. Isn't he just the sweetest and he loves his little oasis, this was at the beginning of June I will post what they look like now a little later
Nana brought Pawtunias for me aren't I cute! 
Well enjoy the day doing what you do thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. I am always amazed at how many things you manage to do in a very short time. Charming pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I can see you cutting away and chatting up a storm and cutting and cutting ... Still, those are cute tops and so is Teddy!

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...