Friday, July 26, 2019

Blocks of fabric choices

 I wanted to show you a couple of the blocks up close of the scrappy star quilt. This one is my favorite. I love the wee person hanging out under the tree.
 I thought this one was sweet with the dove holding the peace branch and the ray of sunshine in the background to show that the showers have ceased.
 then we have the wedding birds I always think of Cinderella where the birds helped her with her dress.
 The walking dead fabric of course I think this fabric will be walking into every quilt till there is none left I am saving some for an applique quilt that mom and I want to do with black white and red.
i had fallen for this fabric this winter and made 2 quilts with it and now I have fussy cut a block the fabric is called bear hugs. It was just so sweet.
 Another bird perched I think this was some scrap that was given to me by someone
 this one I am going to put my initials and the date in the middle of it. this will be the center block
this was part of the fabric above I liked it so much I had to make 2 blocks with it. I think this day I didn't really want to dig to much deeper in the scrap barrel.

I love the scraps though because each has its story...no one will know and when they see this they will wonder why this quilter picked this fabric. I would!

This weekend is the Quilts at the Creek show at Black Creek Pioneer Village in Toronto. I will be doing a lot of wondering and pondering about other quilters choices and decisions, making stories that probably was not their intentions.

Quilting is a wonderful mystery stories and history that will live long after the quilter is gone. I hope you have a chance to "get away from it all" and float through this wonderful outdoor event!

1 comment:

  1. I have used that star block to show off the variety of feed sack fabric I was gifted. I like the featured centers in yours.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...