Monday, July 8, 2019

Weekend events

Its been busy, working in the garden, pulling weeds. They are forever invading the garden! I also had some time to do some quilting I finished the Stars Sew A Long with Kathleen Tracy's group. This is ongoing and you can start anytime so you are never late, friends are always welcoming you and cheering you on. You will find the links to join either her facebook or Google group. Always a new theme per month of small quilts.
Stars sew along with Kathleen Tracy
 Next is the Sew A Long with Sherri Heisey  Border Creek Station This started on July 1st there are many options of either a small, double or queen quilt. You have to do this the block is only 8inches there again are more options with rulers or paper piecing or traditional. I am going traditional with the piecing, I also bought the fabric kit from Quilt Junction I love everyone of her gorgeous fabrics in the store so the kits are incredible
https://quilterscupboard.ca/


 I have used some scraps to test my first block and will use it later in my Misfit quilt. I put the rotary cutter beside it to give you the idea of the size of the block and I am using the traditional method of piecing Sherri's instructions helps you in all methods listed above.

 Okay what else am I doing? well I am in a doll swap that is being done in instagram. I am very excited about my selection for the quilt I am making. I have most of the Miniature Quilt mags and they are such great reference tools to possess!
It was gorgeous weather on Sunday, I woke up early and started gardening till 1000am then got ready for the gym then some fun time in the studio!
Hope you had as great a weekend as me! oh yeah Teddy got his walks in too!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your top! It is good to dip into the scraps every now and then. You do have a bunch of new of new projects going on. Keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...