Saturday, July 13, 2019


This was another quilt that has turned into a flimsy using the scraps from my barrels only for the blocks. It was a sew a long I was far behind it had started in early 2018 block was designed by Mary Elizabeth Kinch you can click on her name to see her blog.
The sashing and borders where my decision I had already put the darker green on the outside and was not going to unpick it all so decided they would stay and extended the sashing out with the stripped fabric gives it a little different look on the bed. Look at all the wonderful border space for quilting!

These blocks have no rhyme or reason as long as the values were lights, mediums and dark's so that design can be prominent. this is just called "StashDipity" rather than stash dipping or serendipity meaning the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way. Which to me is suitable as any for a description. 

Another one that is going in the flimsy to be quilted pile! I'll get there one day I will I promise as I roll it and lay it in the pile. 

Have a great weekend. 

6 comments:

  1. I really like the green sashing. It pulls all those various blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love how this turned out! How many tops do you have now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I have a similar top from the same sew-along waiting for me in my to-be-quilted queue :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great fun quilt - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How big are the barrels of scraps?

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...