Thursday, July 11, 2019

Doll quilt

I am now signed up for a swap that I found on Instagram where you are making and swapping a doll quilt. What do you consider a doll quilt? what size would you make it? there is a criteria to be met and that helps with the guild lines on making a quilt for my partner.
We are able to give hints of what we are making and the fabric selections. I had previously posted the pattern now I have my selection of fabrics. I will be using many reds and muslin for a more antique look. The biggest stipulation is hand quilting which I love anyways.
 I have already started cutting the blocks some are only 1in!


sweet as they come! look at that wee leg thrown over the edge his fur is as silky as it looks 
I hope you are able to get some stitching in today it is supposed to be hot and muggy with some rain today

5 comments:

  1. I would ask the organizers as they may have more ideas about what is expected. The fabrics are pretty - I look forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dog. I guess the heat isn't appreciated by him. I look forward to seeing your doll quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice new project! You love small quilts and this will be right up your alley. Teddy looks like he is taking in the hot, muggy weather just in stride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the doll quilts I have made are around 18' X 26". I guess it depends on the size of the doll bed and the doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb, Thanks for the encouragement about Oak Grove. I'm doing machine piecing, not sure yet how I'll quilt it. The vintage quilt in the book appears to have simple outline-type quilting. Yes, I'll probably hang in there and do the extra side blocks :)

    Your fabric pull for your doll quilt is wonderful -- lovely and warm looking! Not sure about "official" size for a doll quilt, maybe somewhere in the 12" - 20" range.

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...