Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Bits and Pieces...I guess

 I had the joy of going to Elora on Monday for a sit and sew currently appliquing the Dutch Treat. I had a chance to see this beautiful site and also to visit with my cousin for breakfast.
I didn't take pictures of our day at Meerkat Shweshwe honestly I felt like we just sat down and then we were done! Next month the designer of the Dutch Treat book will be visiting us this will be thrilling.
We get a catered lunch when we sit in these sessions so no muss no fuss for us.
 I also like to exercise, yes I said like! It keeps this quilters body in some kinda shape since we do like our treats. They had a get together last weekend and were very generous in the nibbles and bits.
 If you are looking for a great place to get your enthusiasm going there is never a dull moment for exercise, I recommend this place I have been going for over a year and am not bored yet.
I belong to Orange Theory in Pickering  They have a heart monitor while you exercise there is a coach there all the time and you never have the same exercise 2x in a row when you go it is half cardio, and half strength. Motivation is there!
 so this is why I have to exercise. I love to sit and work on my quilting be it hand or pieced. I also have a wee friend that will reminds me that my lap time is very important. You can see how everything just fits into place as he is cuddle in the foot of the lazyboy and I can do my stitching.
Just made in heaven he is.
 I am also currently in a doll quilt swap and have found wee pattern to work on these pieces are pretty small! I am almost wondering what the heck I was thinking! LOL

Well it is coming together and I am not sure if people know that there can be just as much work in a doll quilt as a big quilt with many many pieces.


I hope you are enjoying some outside time as well the weather is perfect we have had the best summer weather, but you wouldn't think so with all the weeding I am trying to keep up with.

I hear people say that when you retire you still have no time. I have to say I don't believe them working takes up 8 hours of my day I can fill that time as well but also will have more choices...soon

3 comments:

  1. Well, you do have lots going on and the exercise helps you a lot. Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little tree.....you are right, there is just as much in a small quilt as a large one but those tiny pieces make it more fiddly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your smart, sharp contrast hexies...and admire your precision with those triangles on a doll quilt. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...